Monday, January 21, 2008

The Unexpected Two Dollar Coin

Getting into a skirt after a long long time
As I pose, I suddenly find
Snugly asleep in the right hand pocket
A dull, golden two dollar coin!
I can feel it before I see it
Small, heavy with a sluggish pace
Unlike the ugly fifty cents
That seem to roll all over the place!

And as they pull it out of there
My fingers fade away into a dream
Of pairing it with another of it's kind
For an Afogato with two scoops of ice cream
Or maybe use three fourths of it
To buy a Koala postage stamp
And send home a letter full of pointless babble
With a clever card for my grand mom!
Spend it in the pharmacy
To remove the blackheads off my face
Or drop it with a melodious tinkle
In the mall singer's guitar case
A fancy pencil that goes swoosh-swoosh
Between the lines of my lab book
A dollar for the waiter in the Indian restaurant
And another for the cook

But then I think I would be nicer
If I just close my eyes
And save the fat chubby two dollar coin
For another Happy Surprise. :)

6 comments:

शिरीष said...

How cute! This is what I like in your poems the childish innocence!
This two dollar coin has earned the priceless joy.It makes you feel like you have entered the dreamland and you are walking on clouds with a very hyperactive mood.
Sai with your two dollars I have earned joy in millions.
Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Very Sweet little poem with childish charm..
While rolling through, it raises curiosity.. What next? where will she spend that Dollar finally...
And a superb ending of finally saving it..
too sweet!!!
I loved it...

Dhakaldo said...

Faarach chhan.. :)

Saee said...

@ baba
Sorry for the late response..been busy. I knew you would like it.
@ Deepti
Thanks sweetheart. :) Glad you like it
@ Pushkar
Well, kuthe ahes mitra?

Unknown said...

I read your poem "The unexected Two Doller Coin" Nice,you have good command on english lang. Keep it up.
Sudhir Kaka

Saee said...

@Sudhir kaka
Thanks a lot. Glad to have you here! :)