Friday, July 25, 2008

Dots

Raindrops on a Lotus Leaf
And my silly mind
I can look for a better contrast
But I know I will never find..

When I was a little girl
I closed my eyes in bed
And waited patiently for sleep
But saw these dots instead

Red and Blue dots 
Coming towards my nose
And I followed them all the way
Squinting on the rows
But now when I am in bed
And eager to follow those dots
They get brutally conquered 
By my peripatetic thoughts

Then I stand aside 
And try to direct my thoughts
Full of purpose and pride
Of standing out of the lot
Alas! I must confess
Even that is a mind-game
But I don't know what part of my mind
Finally calls it lame

Feelings are bad enough
Thoughts are even worse
And a million words to describe them
To make a pointless verse..
Language is such a burden sometimes
Too pretentious for the unsought 
After all it all begins
And ends in a little dot!



11 comments:

AJ said...

I can completely relate to it..I guess all of us can in our own ways... brilliant !

Blogger said...

Language barriers..hmm..nice thought! :)

शिरीष said...

This is a very very basic. (Shall I call it a thought?)
The dot may be the ultimate truth or the origin of all the universe.

Strangly a dot or a point is still nt defined. We just can not define a point. We can define line. square,circle but not a point!

Yes there is point in what you say Saee!

Unknown said...

isn't language the vehicle/the bridge to reach the unreachable??

Saee said...

@ Aj
You seem to belong to Pushkar Chhajed's group of friends...:) I am hoping you are not the same Ajay again!!!
@ Eshwari
Thanks a ton for the comments
@ baba
yeah..but then I use language to describe a dot too..so it is not all that simple. Nothing is really!
@ Chintamani
Yeah..I know but sometimes too much expression kills the purpose..some things are subtle and they should stay that way!

AJ said...

I am the same Ajay :)
How many Ajays comment on your blog btw ?

Saee said...

@ Ajay..
No! I mean Ajay is a pretty common name..and once I got really confused with two Asmitas..so I make sure it is you before I start blabbering about things we have in common. :)

AJ said...

Okay..sfrom now on whenever I comment with the name "aj" and write a signing off "--Ajay", its me...I hope someone reading this does not want to play games !

Junius said...

/-Feelings are bad enough
Thoughts are even worse
And a million words to describe them To make a pointless verse..

hehe language can be so deceptive, u must be knowing what Pauli(the exclusion principle one) said about one research paper, "That theory is worthless. It isn't even wrong"
cheers!

Saee said...

@ Prasad..
Nice one! I did not know that. :)
Thanks for the comment.. Cheers!

Dk said...

Language is such a burden sometimes
Too pretentious for the unsought
After all it all begins
And ends in a little dot!>> true :)