Monday, December 22, 2008

Empirical Worship

I try to reach You in my way

Sometimes like a scientist,

By resolving Anger and Fear

Into their primary colors

And then getting tired, angry and scared

Just to doze off in Your arms.

Sometimes like a poet,

Loving just to know How it feels..to love.

Sometimes honestly alone

And sometimes honestly sad

Sometimes finding happiness

in watching a line of ants walking by my bedside.

You are in the recipes I invent

In my own kitchen, just to realize later,

That I discovered something written ages ago

But then, the joy of finding You

Overpowers all the labels.

And in the free moments of my fearless solitude

As my eyes see a colorful kite

Playing hide and seek with the sun rays

I drop all my hopes in joy

And I call You my freedom.

I know by now that it is not easy

That all mothers are not free

The difference between hopelessness

In joy and sadness alike,

And the boundaries of liberty

I am grateful for that place

Between my heart and my mind

Where sometimes You come to visit me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

exceptional!

everytime i feel like you are getting a bit monotonous, you come up with something great. :)

btw, i think the earlier look (single line spacing and stanzas) looked better.

Saee said...

@ Ajay
Thank you =)
And the spacing is a problem. I tried editig it but blogger is moody. :D
Thanks for the comment.
Cheers

Anonymous said...

Hi

That was not me !! I still like the poem though :)

-- Ajay Joshi

शिरीष said...

Saee,This is totally different from what I have read earlier. It is much more deeper introspection and more matured.

Anonymous said...

Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you
penning this write-up plus the rest of the website is extremely good.


Review my page: weightloss surgery