Friday, April 23, 2010

Gypsy

This earth that I fence,
Never belonged to me..
And it will never belong to anyone
After I am gone..

But all my journeys belong to me
And many may inherit them,
If they get enamoured
By the spirit of moving on!

The smell of a new place,
The silent yearning for the old one,
And then the neat rationalization!
With each new place my mind grows up,
The horizons of fears suddenly shrink,
And a face smiles at me,
From every corner of the room!

Some people carry their homes with them
And build exact replicas far away from home..
And some become the place they are in..
When people drop their barriers to turn into a place,
The place responds too, and turns into her people! :)

And though it is hard to leave,
The Gypsies have to move on..
To be at home everywhere!

1 comment:

Mandar Gadre said...

Beautiful!
"To be at home everywhere!"
When one is at home, at peace with oneself, one is home everywhere :)