Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Starry Sky

I walk across a hundred fears
And I think of You
On the Evening full of Despair
I gently sing to You
From the giggling brooks that beckon
And the Orange Earth that heaves
We are born in the musky roots
And fall off as Autumn leaves
One of Your tender whispers
And everything missing is found
As I fight Reality and Illusions
You gently put your arm around
The hymns sing of sins and pleasures
A million sorrows die
Then at the end of the Bridge waits a Promise
Of Your endless Starry Sky!

PS: Please do not interpret this as a love poem. It is my version and my effort of translating one of my favorite Grace poems from Marathi.
PPS: Please do not compare the original with this one if you actually figure out what the original version is because obviously they are no match. I wrote this because I have been thinking about the poem for a very long time. :)

7 comments:

शिरीष said...

सई
तूला मानल पाहीजे! किती सहज आणि सुंदर लिहल आहेस! तूझी फूट नोट बघण्या आधीच मला डोळ्यासमोर "भय इथले संपत नाही" दिसू लागल होत.
सई हे अस होण्यासाठी कविता उत्कटतेने जगावी लागते तेव्हाच शब्द ह्रदयातून झरतात.तू ग्रेस वाचतेस हेच मला आश्चर्याच होत. पण तू नुसते वाचले नाहीस,तू त्यांच्या शब्दापलीकडे गेलीस.
मला अजून आठवत आहे तू ग्रेसच्या कवितांवर सांज भैरवीची गाणी का असच नाव असलेली सीडी/कँसेट आणली होतीस आणि त्यातल्या कविता तूला पाठ झाल्या होत्या. खूप लहान होतीस तेव्हा तू.
ग्रेस समजायला किंवा आपण अस म्हणू समजायचा प्रयत्न करण्यासाठी देखील शब्दांच्या पलीकडल समजायची क्षमता लागते.
तूझ्याकडे ती चांगलीच आहे.
मी दोन्ही कवितांची तूलना नाही करत पण तूला ग्रेस किती छान कळाले आहेत व तू अगदी योग्य शब्दात ते मांडल आहेस याच कौतूक वाटत.
आईला मी वाचून दाखवली ही कवीता.तिला देखील खूप आवडली.

Saee said...

Thanks baba. :)
you are always the first one and you leave the best comment!! Thanks..
Love you Loads
Saee

RagingMars said...

Since this is abt poems,lemme leave a very 'balbodh' comment..
Mala tujhi kavita nusti kallich nai tar it made me understand bhay ithale..
Very beautiful...
Me khup vela parat parat vachli :)

Saee said...

thanks sweetheart!! :)
But you dont HAVE to read my poetry. :P
Its okay I will still love you :P

Mandar Gadre said...

it's nice!
one couldn't have done this without deeply appreciating the original poem. great [:)]

Saee said...

Hey!!
Thanks Mandar. :)
Yeah I have been listening to the song over and over for a very long time..as in..almost a few years! :)

RagingMars said...

hahaha!! I kno that sweetie!
But I still do like to read all ur poems.. Maybe I will start understandin them one day! :)
And then I can re read all the beautiful poems u've written :)
love ya!