Sunday, November 4, 2007

My Favorite Song

It comes back
Like lavender in old linen
Or like the hint of vanilla
That speaks of mum's cream-smeared
Butter-soaked,soft, tiny hands

I sang the same tune when I was sixteen
With half drunk dreamy eyes
I sing it again today
As I begin to summarize

Everything that changed unknowingly
Between the mathematically accurate beats
As I grew up between the frozen notes
The same verse and the same lines

It keeps me company as I toss a Salad
I half-listen to it as I run
A part of my mind's ear
Over-played yet unsung

I forget it for a while
Between papers, books and Coffee Shops
Then we suddenly meet at a corner
Like a whiff of freshly baked muffins

I see how my Life has changed since
The last time I sang along
For Better or for Worse, I would never Part
With the Return of my Favorite Song!

2 comments:

शिरीष said...

किती छान लिहल आहेस तू.मला वाटत प्रयेकाच्या मनात असत एक गाण असतच,पाडगावकरांच्या मनातल्या जिप्सी सारख!आयुष्याच्या प्रत्येक प्रसंगाचा साक्षीदार म्हणून.पण गाण निवडण्याच स्वातंत्र्य प्रत्येकाला असत. कूणी काय निवडायच हे ज्याच त्यान ठरवायच.निवडलेल्या गाण्यावरच मग अवलंबून असत सगळ.गाणच मग ठरवत कि आपण नुसत साक्षीदार राहायच की भागीदार व्हायच.काही जण उदास गाणी निवडतात आणि मग ते नेहमीच उदासवाणे होतात.काही जण आनंदी गाणी निवड्तात व आनंदी होतात.
माझ देखील एक आवडत गाण आहे
"मै फिक्र को धूवे मे उडाता चला गया
मै जिंदगी का साथ निभाता चला गया"

सई तूझी ही कविता मला कूठतरी मनात हळव करुन गेली.माझ्या मनातलच बोलून गेली.

Saee said...

Thank you baba
Sorry for the late reply. :)
I have to switch between poetry and ionic liquids these days. :)
Love!!